Ahead of the state budget on 8 October, REIWA has unveiled its plan for prosperity post COVID-19. The pre-budget submission details five key policies that will drive economic growth through a sustainable and resilient property market.
REIWA is calling on the WA Government to:
1. Commit to a state tax review and feasibility study of a two-stream revenue method for stamp duty
2. Introduce a $10,000 stamp duty concession for seniors to 'right-size'
3. Formalise the 75 per cent stamp duty rebate for off-the-plan sales into permanency
4. Remove stamp duty for the purchase of small businesses
5. Reintroduce the first home owners grant of $7,000 for established properties